Thursday, November 02, 2006

Chicago: Return

Chicago was...stressful. It was also fun.

I love my mother, as much as someone can be said to love one's mother, and I forgot how much baggage I carry around with me about my childhood. Suffice it to say that the two of us have a hard time being around each other in the same house for any length of time, let alone a hotel room.

Plus the traffic was really really bad (thanks to Karen for bravely doing the driving, so tensions between my mom and I wouldn't escalate further).

On the other hand, Wicked was wonderful, the architectural boat tour we took on the river was great, the Field Museum and Shedd's Aquarium were really cool, and I cleaned a game store out of all its Shadowfist packs at $2.00 a piece (and managed to get THREE WHITE NINJAS).

Ate a lot of good food, and returned home. No significant incidents, and on the whole the trip was a success.

In the future, however, no more trips with my mom. She can visit, but I need a buffer of other rooms and stuff.

No comments: