Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Farscape

Farscape, a Sci Fi Channel show from the Jim Henson company, has long been one of my favorites. In fact, I'd say it is tied with Joss Whedon's Firefly as my favorite [science fiction] show ever.

It has numerous geek-culture references throughout, displays amazing far-sight (with respect to plot elements), and has not only great writing, but amazing actors.

And it is funny as all hell!

Sure it has aliens, both strange and human-looking, but it makes them all feel like people. And not your standard Star Trek goody-goodies, either. These are people who aren't afraid to kill, and who frequently display the kind of morality you'd be likely to find Clint Eastwood flaunting in A Fist Full of Dollars.

Definitely worth a gander.

I happen to be on the third season again (this makes three times for me), and it just doesn't get old.

No comments: