Thursday, September 21, 2006

GURPS

I ran my first GURPS session last night. I'm pretty rusty on the rules, and it is a completely different feel from D&D, but I think it went pretty well. Certainly I am going to have to spend more time trying to make the plot smooth, and I need to learn how to run a mystery-type game, but I think I can swing it.

Of course, all this prep I've been doing for GURPS hasn't left me much time to figure out the Gattling Engine software on which I will be playing in the online Shadowfist Proving Ground. Hopefully I can spend a nice chunk of tomorrow figuring it out, and possibly even some of Saturday. I don't need to win the games, just show well, and much of that will be contingent upon knowing how the software works.

I'm also trying to throw together a Purist-Monarchs deck that does a lot of sacrifice manipulation. I'm afraid that I want it to do too many different things, though, and that I am going to have to cut a couple of the other janky stuff I want in it.

We'll see. I'll be sure to post how I do in the game, and how the software plays, on the off chance anyone is remotely interested.

No comments: