Friday, September 15, 2006

Passports

Karen and I are applying for passports today.
Hairs are cut and Karen's replacement birth certificate is in, so I guess we are ready to go!
I started thinking about England again, yesterday, and I am so super-stoked!

We fly out of Dulles on British Airways Friday, December 22 at 9:55 pm and land at Heathrow Saturday, December 23 at 10:00 am.
We are spending 11 nights in London (with a few day-trips on the side), then on to Canterbury, Dover, Rye, Hastings, Battle, and back to London for our last night.
I managed to get us rooms for £40 a night (which translates to roughly $75, VAT and breakfast included) at the Caswell Hotel. And it's only about a quarter-mile from Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament!

In addition to all the fun stuff we get to do tourist and shopping-wise (we are going to Harrod's and Harvey Nick's on Boxing Day, after all), we are also going to a BUNCH of shows!!!
We already have tickets to see Merry Wives the Musical with Dame Judi Dench at Stratford-upon-Avon, and we are going to snag tickets there to see Idina Menzel reprise her roll as Elfaba in Wicked. I am SO excited!

Yeah, I know I suck, but it is the first time I've ever left the country.

Stoked! Stoked! Stoked!

8 comments:

Eric Franklin said...

You live that close, and haven't even been to Canada?

Michael said...

Define close: I live in DC.

And I was taken as a child, for the day, but I have no memories.

Eric Franklin said...

Canadians kidnapped you for a day when you were younger?

I thought you were further North than DC. Of course, I'm in Washington State - less than four hours from the border to Canada, where the Coca-Cola is divine.

Michael said...

Hrmph!

I've never had a Canadian Coke.

Eric Franklin said...

I'll try to get some for GenCon next year. They are made with sugar instead of corn syrup. It's like The Coke of God.

Mexican Coke is just as good (There are a few local grocery stores that stock the Mexican stuff).

Michael said...

That's it! I knew I wanted to move to Canada, and this is close to the final straw.

Ok, then, three more years, and God-Coke here I come!!

Eric Franklin said...

British Coke isn't bad, but it's no Canadian Coke. French Coke is okay, as well.

Canada and Mexico have both perfected the art of Coca-Cola.

Eric Franklin said...

My wife says:

Judi Dench on stage = the awesome. I saw her about 5 years ago when I was in London for a semester.

Also, this is me exuding waves of jealousy that you get to see Idina Menzel as Elfaba. We'll be seeing
Shoshana Bean this week, though, so nyah! :P