Friday, September 08, 2006

Muay Thai KICKS ASS!

Ok, I saw the Protector, and it was AWESOME!

I can honestly say it was one of the most spectacular displays of martial arts prowess I have ever seen. The movie was a little disjointed, and the ubiquitous boatchase scene was a little hackneyed, but I'm willing to overlook it in light of the penultimate fight scene.

I'll just tell you about his exit from the "field": imagine 20-30 people lying on the ground, writhing, each one of which has some combination of compound breaks (including legs, arms, shoulders, hands, feet, spines, necks, fucking inner ears, for all I know!) and only a fhandful of which are actually dead. This follows a three minute fight scene that is as brutal as anything else I have ever seen in the movies.

And did I mention he kicks people with his KNEES?!?!?!?!

DEFINITELY a must for any die-hard action fan.

And the cameo by Jackie Chan is pretty funny (and completely understandable).

No comments: